Do national holidays in Argentina affect your trip? I made an overview of all holidays – one by one – and provide information about the opening of museums, restaurants, and possible crowds at various destinations in the country. It is also interesting to note that the prices for trips are higher during extended weekends.
National Holidays in Argentina
Argentina has 19 national holidays per year. It is among the top 10 countries with the most public holidays in the world. In addition, some holidays are movable and therefore they do not always fall on the same day.
Restaurants on holidays
In general, most restaurants are open on public holidays. You just have to pay attention that the restaurants are open on December 24 and December 31, but strictly with a reservation. Because, they will offer special menus.
Many restaurants are closed on Mondays. This is usually their rest day.
Museums on holidays
Most public museums are closed on May 1, 24, and 25 December. They are also closed on December 31 and January 1. Most museums are also closed on Mondays.
Overview Holidays in Argentina 2022
- 1 January: New Year’s day
- 28 February: Carnaval
- 1 March: Carnaval
- 24 March: Day of Remembrance for Truth and Justice
- 2 April: Day of the Veterans and Fallen of the Falklands War
- 15 April: Good Friday
- 1 May: Labour Day
- 25 May: May Revolution
- 17 June: Anniversary of the Passing of General Martín Miguel de Güemes
- 20 June: General Manuel Belgrano Memorial Day
- 9 July: Independence Day
- 15 August: General José de San Martín Memorial Day
- 27 September: Day of commerce (not an official holiday but all stores are closed)
- 10 October: Day of Respect for Cultural Diversity
- 20 November: National Sovereignty Day
- 8 December: Immaculate Conception Day
- 25 December: Christmas