The big question: when do flights in Argentina resume? Yes, they are finally back! In this article, I will give you an update about the status, rumors, and special authorized flights. Click here and subscribe to our newsletter and be the first updated.
For many people, flying is a basic transport to get somewhere. For work or family. Therefore, it’s important to have clear information about the actual status of flights in Argentina. Because the government made a mess of their communication about the restart of flights in Argentina.
What does the law say?
There are two facts: number 1 is de decree that prohibits the entry of foreigners to Argentina. All borders (land, sea, and air) are closed. Only Argentinian citizens and citizens of neighboring countries Brasil, Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile, and Bolivia can enter Argentina.
Number 2 is a decree that prohibits the sale of flight tickets from and to Argentina. Also, the airspace remains closed for regular commercial air traffic. Airlines can request individual authorization, but the decision is made by the Argentinian aviation authorities.
As of October 15th, airlines are back allowed to fly on a regular basis.
What are the flights now to Argentina?
Airlines are back allowed to fly on a regular basis but the government will ask the airlines to file a request for each flight. Just to have a little bit more control over the incoming traffic.
Several countries are suspending flights to/from Argentina. More info below.
When will the regular flights resume in Argentina?
That’s was for long a big question. The Argentinian government are masters in miscommunication or not communicating at all. On top of that, enough quotes of politicians in newspapers but you need to have a legal and officially published announcement.
But finally, there was light. As of October 15th, 2020 airlines are allowed to fly back to Argentina on a regular basis. This is for domestic and international routes.
Passenger locator form
Don’t forget to complete the passenger locator form when you will enter or leave Argentina. We explained everything in the article: current COVID-19 measures in Argentina. Everybody that travels from outside Argentina needs to go into 14 days of self-isolation. This rule still is in power.
What is ok for an essential domestic flight?
Only essential travelers can board the plane now. But there is an exception for citizens of neighboring countries Brasil, Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile, and Bolivia. They can travel to the metropolitan area of Buenos Aires. Also for tourism purposes.
Trips to other provinces need to be essential:
- You are a health or government worker
- You work in a service that is considered essential, in a communication medium or you provide teaching or non-teaching staff in an educational institution authorized to resume activities
- You are a commercial, banking, financial services provider, health insurance or credit union, liberal professional (accountant, attorney), psychologist, factory worker, authorized sports or private residence
- You work in infrastructure maintenance, transport of people and goods, telecommunications, public, private or energy works
You accompany minors, the elderly, or the disabled
- For emergencies, unforeseen situations, or calamities; to attend medical appointments, perform procedures that cannot be postponed or rescheduled (24 hours)
- To assist family members, the elderly or people with disabilities; for divorced parents who have to transfer their sons or daughters (24 hours)
- For long-term medical treatment
- For the recreational practice of an authorized individual sport, training of an athlete or a national representation of an authorized federation or attending an authorized event
It’s mandatory to complete the “circular” form: https://www.argentina.gob.ar/circular/
When are the flights in January?
Below you will see a complete overview of the current flights to Buenos Aires international airport Ezeiza.
- Asunción: daily flights
- Bogotá: one flight per week
- Cancún: from Decenber 21th, one flight per week
- Madrid: one flight per week
- Miami: five flights per week
- Montevideo: from December 13th, three times per week
- Punta Cana: from December 20th one flight per week
- Río de Janeiro: daily flights
- Salvador de Bahía: from December 19th, one flight per week
- San Pablo: daily flights
- Santa Cruz de la Sierra: two flights per week
- Santiago de Chile: daily flights
From now American Airlines will fly back to Dalles. And a daily connection Miami – Buenos Aires.
|AA 907||Miami (MIA)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|AA 908||Buenos Aires (EZE )||Miami (MIA)|
|AA 997||Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|AA 998||Buenos Aires (EZE )||Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW)|
Delta Airlines will fly back to Buenos Aires from December 19th, 2020
|DL 101||Atlanta (ATL)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|DL 110||Buenos Aires (EZE)||Atlanta (ATL)|
|UA 819||Houston (IAH)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|UA 818||Buenos Aires (EZE )||Houston (IAH)|
|AV 87||Bogotá (BOG)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|AV 88||Buenos Aires (EZE )||Bogotá (BOG)|
|BA 245||London (LHR)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|BA 244||Buenos Aires (EZE )||London (LHR)|
|AF 228||Paris (CDG)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|AF 229||Buenos Aires (EZE )||Paris (CDG)|
|UX 41||Madrid (MAD)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|UX 42||Buenos Aires (EZE)||Madrid (MAD)|
|IB 6841||Madrid (MAD)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|IB 6856||Buenos Aires (EZE )||Madrid (MAD)|
KLM (temporarily suspended)
|KL 701||Amsterdam||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|KL 702||Buenos Aires (EZE )||Amsterdam|
|IB 2601||Barcelona (BCN)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|IB 2602||Buenos Aires (EZE)||Barcelona (BCN)|
IB 2601: 6, 11, 15 and 19 December
IB 2602: 7, 12, 16 and 20 December
|LH 510||Frankfurt (FRA)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|LH 511||Buenos Aires (EZE )||Frankfurt (FRA)|
Alitalia (temporarily suspended)
|AZ 680||Roma (FCO)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|AZ 681||Buenos Aires (EZE )||Roma (FCO)|
|TK 15||San Pablo (GRU)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|TK 16||Buenos Aires (EZE)||San Pablo (GRU)|
|ET 506||San Pablo (GRU)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|ET 507||Buenos Aires (EZE)||San Pablo (GRU)|
|AM 28||México (MEX)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|AM 29||Buenos Aires (EZE )||México (MEX)|
There is no news from Qatar, Emirates, Air New Zealand, and Norwegian. They announced that they will not return soon to Buenos Aires.
Did you like reading? Support me by “buying a coffee“. It means a lot.