The big question: when do flights in Argentina resume? Yes, they are finally back! In this article, I will give you an update about the status, rumors, and special authorized flights. Click here and subscribe to our newsletter and be the first updated.
For many people, flying is a basic transport to get somewhere. For work or family. Therefore, it’s important to have clear information about the actual status of flights in Argentina. Because the government made a mess of their communication about the restart of flights in Argentina.
What does the law say?
At this moment there is a capacity restriction in place. Only 2000 passengers per day can arrive at the international airport of Buenos Aires. The government controls this by approving each flight individually. Meaning, that every airline needs to send their flight schedule to the governmental airport authorities. Afterward, the authorities will say yes or no to the flight.
On top of that is the number of flights to Europe reduced but to the USA are increased a bit again. All flights to Turkey and Africa are forbidden by the Argentinian government.
What are the flights now to Argentina?
The flight schedules will be published by the airline itself. You need to check with your airline to know if the flight will take place.
Below I give you the latest data that I have about the flights during the 600 passenger restriction.
- 1 , and 8 July from Buenos Aires (Aeroparque) to Asunción (ASU) , and viceversa.
- 4 July from Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) to Bogotá (BOG).
- 5 July from Bogotá (BOG) to Buenos Aires (Ezeiza).
- 3 , and 10 July from Buenos Aires (Aeroparque) to Lima to (LIM).
- 4 , and 11 July from Lima to (LIM) to Buenos Aires (Aeroparque).
- 9 , and 11 July from Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) to Madrid (MAD).
- 2 , and 11 July from Madrid (MAD) to Buenos Aires (Ezeiza).
- 1, 3, 5 , and 11 July from Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) to Miami (MIA).
- 3, 5, 7 July from Miami (MIA) to Buenos Aires (Ezeiza).
- 3 , and 11 July from México city (MEX) to Buenos Aires (EZE).
- 4 , and 12 July from Buenos Aires (EZE) to México city (MEX).
Will not return until November 2021.
- 29 June, 4, and 9 July from Madrid (MAD) to Buenos Aires (Ezeiza).
- 29 June, 5, 6, 8, and 10 July from Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) to Madrid (MAD).
- 1 , and 8 July from Paris (CDG) to Buenos Aires (Ezeiza).
- 4, 5, 8 , and 10 July from Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) to Paris (CDG).
Will not return until September 2021
- 30 June, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10 , and 11 July from Miami (MIA) to Buenos Aires (Ezeiza).
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11 , and 12 July from Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) to Miami (MIA)
- 10 July from New York (JFK) to Buenos Aires (Ezeiza).
- 11 July from Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) New York (JFK).
- 8 July from Bogotá (BOG) to Buenos Aires (Ezeiza)
- 9 July from Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) to Bogotá (BOG)
Will not return until August 2021
DELTA Air Lines
- 1 , and 8 July from Atlanta (ATL) to Buenos Aires (Ezeiza)
- 2, 4 , and 9 July from Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) to Atlanta (ATL)
Will not return until November 2021.
- 6 , and 11 July from Madrid (MAD) to Buenos Aires (EZE).
- 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11 from Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) to Madrid (MAD).
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- 3 , and 6 July from Amsterdam (AMS), and Buenos Aires (Ezeiza).
- 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, and 11 July from Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) to Amsterdam (AMS).
- 1 July from Lima to (LIM) to Buenos Aires (Ezeiza)
- 2 July from Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) to Lima to (LIM)
- 30 June , and 7 July from Frankfurt (FRA) to Buenos Aires (Ezeiza)
- 3 July , and 10 July from Buenos Aires (Ezeiza) to Frankfurt (FRA)
- 29 June, and 6 July from Houston (IAH) to Buenos Aires (EZE).
- 30 June, 2, 4, 7, 9, and 11 July from Buenos Aires (EZE) to Houston (IAH).
When will the regular flights resume in Argentina?
That’s was for a long a big question. The Argentinian government is a master in miscommunication or not communicating at all. There are enough quotes of politicians in newspapers but you need to have a legal and officially published announcement.
Probably when the covid numbers are getting lower, the restrictions will be lifted up. But at this moment its uncertain when.
Passenger locator form
Don’t forget to complete the passenger locator form when you will enter or leave Argentina. We explained everything in the article: current COVID-19 measures in Argentina. Everybody that travels from outside Argentina needs to go into 14 days of self-isolation. This rule still is in power.
What is ok for an essential domestic flight?
Only essential travelers can board the plane now. But there is an exception for citizens of neighboring countries Brasil, Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile, and Bolivia. They can travel to the metropolitan area of Buenos Aires. Also for tourism purposes.
Trips to other provinces need to be essential:
- You are a health or government worker
- You work in a service that is considered essential, in a communication medium or you provide teaching or non-teaching staff in an educational institution authorized to resume activities
- You are a commercial, banking, financial services provider, health insurance or credit union, liberal professional (accountant, attorney), psychologist, factory worker, authorized sports or private residence
- You work in infrastructure maintenance, transport of people and goods, telecommunications, public, private or energy works
You accompany minors, the elderly, or the disabled
- For emergencies, unforeseen situations, or calamities; to attend medical appointments, perform procedures that cannot be postponed or rescheduled (24 hours)
- To assist family members, the elderly or people with disabilities; for divorced parents who have to transfer their sons or daughters (24 hours)
- For long-term medical treatment
- For the recreational practice of an authorized individual sport, training of an athlete or a national representation of an authorized federation or attending an authorized event
It’s mandatory to complete the “circular” form: https://www.argentina.gob.ar/circular/
Normal flight schedule
Below you will see a complete overview of the flights before the restrictions were applied. It will give you an idea of the flight schedule when the restrictions will be lifted.
- Asunción: daily flights
- Bogotá: one flight per week
- Cancún: from Decenber 21th, one flight per week
- Madrid: one flight per week
- Miami: five flights per week
- Montevideo: from December 13th, three times per week
- Punta Cana: from December 20th one flight per week
- Río de Janeiro: daily flights
- Salvador de Bahía: from December 19th, one flight per week
- San Pablo: daily flights
- Santa Cruz de la Sierra: two flights per week
- Santiago de Chile: daily flights
From now American Airlines will fly back to Dalles. And a daily connection Miami – Buenos Aires.
|AA 907||Miami (MIA)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|AA 908||Buenos Aires (EZE )||Miami (MIA)|
|AA 997||Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|AA 998||Buenos Aires (EZE )||Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW)|
Delta Airlines will fly back to Buenos Aires from December 19th, 2020
|DL 101||Atlanta (ATL)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|DL 110||Buenos Aires (EZE)||Atlanta (ATL)|
|UA 819||Houston (IAH)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|UA 818||Buenos Aires (EZE )||Houston (IAH)|
|AV 87||Bogotá (BOG)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|AV 88||Buenos Aires (EZE )||Bogotá (BOG)|
|BA 245||London (LHR)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|BA 244||Buenos Aires (EZE )||London (LHR)|
|AF 228||Paris (CDG)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|AF 229||Buenos Aires (EZE )||Paris (CDG)|
|UX 41||Madrid (MAD)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|UX 42||Buenos Aires (EZE)||Madrid (MAD)|
|IB 6841||Madrid (MAD)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|IB 6856||Buenos Aires (EZE )||Madrid (MAD)|
|KL 701||Amsterdam||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|KL 702||Buenos Aires (EZE )||Amsterdam|
|IB 2601||Barcelona (BCN)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|IB 2602||Buenos Aires (EZE)||Barcelona (BCN)|
|LH 510||Frankfurt (FRA)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|LH 511||Buenos Aires (EZE )||Frankfurt (FRA)|
|AZ 680||Roma (FCO)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|AZ 681||Buenos Aires (EZE )||Roma (FCO)|
|TK 15||San Pablo (GRU)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|TK 16||Buenos Aires (EZE)||San Pablo (GRU)|
|ET 506||San Pablo (GRU)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|ET 507||Buenos Aires (EZE)||San Pablo (GRU)|
|AM 28||México (MEX)||Buenos Aires (EZE)|
|AM 29||Buenos Aires (EZE )||México (MEX)|
There is no news from Qatar, Emirates, Air New Zealand, and Norwegian. They announced that they will not return soon to Buenos Aires.
Did you like reading? Support me by “buying a coffee“. It means a lot.